Business Development Professional
REPORTS TO - Operations Director
MAIN INTERFACES - CTG Clients (Contractors &
Consultant Engineers), Directors, Managers,
QUALIFICATIONS - Engineering Degree or relevant
ISSUE DATE - 2 November 2011
- Actively participate with directors to formulate plans for securing new opportunities.
- Maintain a broad network of relationships with Clients, Contractors & Consultants to identify potential new business opportunities & feedback information to directors.
- Work in conjunction with the directors to develop & maintain b2b relationships with current & potential Client organisations.
- Manage the pre-contact activities involved in understanding & bidding potential projects.
- Continually strive to improve communication, processes, systems & tools across the business in conjunction with the management & broader teams.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning.
- Attend & contribute to all periodic management meetings.
- Communicates accurately, concisely and in a timely manner, demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Works hard at adapting communication to suit different audiences.
- Communicates views & concerns openly, honestly & will constructively challenge others, handling disagreements & conflict effectively.
- Provides straightforward & accurate information about the most difficult & complex issues or policies.
- Ability to effectively influence & negotiate.
- Builds relationships both within Constructive and externally.
- Prepared to take initiative, a self-starter who always rises to the challenge.
- Always looking for the next challenge.
- Has a positive attitude to change & remains resilient & positive even when under considerable pressure.
- Must be a ‘finisher’ with great attention to detail & can effectively cope with setbacks.
- Prepared to make personal sacrifice to ensure a goal is achieved.
- Strives to fulfil own potential & continues to self-develop.
- Actively seeks opportunities for learning, & advancing professional qualifications.
- Willingness to develop & work in a team; encourages & adopts team goals; understands & appreciates others roles; learns from others.
- Able to identify risks & opportunities & put in place pro-active plans to manage them.
- Able to define how changes in the external market affects the business & can put proposals forward to address these.
- Describe critical success factors of Clients for their projects & highlight strategies for delivering these.
- Highly competent in the application of IT skills.
- Understands the key measures by which his/ her performance will be measured.
- Works to ensure Client service is an integrated part of their work.
- Proactively drives through changes that bring about improvements.
- Actively works to improve the public perception of Constructive.
- Proactive in using direct & informal contacts with Clients and/or their consultants to constantly monitor Client satisfaction & pick up cues regarding satisfaction & future needs/opportunities.
- Can quickly gain a good understanding of Clients business and is responsive to Client needs.
- Is able to develop innovative solutions that directly contribute to Constructive& the Client both in the short & medium term.
- Challenges traditional views & looks for improvement through adopting a new approach.
- Willing to cast aside traditional assumptions & try approaching issues from a different angle or perspective.
- Effective at taking the ‘seed’ of an idea & developing it as an approach that can add value.
- Useful sounding board for new ideas & ways of doing things.