Detailing Document Controllers
REPORTS TO - Design Manager (indirectly reports
to Software Development Mgr)
MAIN INTERFACES - Constructive Clients (Contractors &
Consultant Engineers), Directors, Managers,
Off-shore Team Leaders
QUALIFICATIONS - Technology / Engineering Degree or relevant experience
ISSUE DATE - 2 November 2011
- To manage the design information flow between Clients & Off-shore Teams.
- To liaise with, & assist the Design Manager(s) on day-to-day issues & challenges.
- To implement Constructive software / tools & support customers in their use.
- Manage the inbound & outbound information flows (Drawings, RFI’s, RFC’s, etc.) predominantly using RDM (& where necessary Customer Extranets, Email, etc.) between Clients & our off-shore teams.
- Act as support to the DM in acting as the conduit between internal / external stakeholders & ensure effective communication takes place between all stakeholders.
- Provide general administration support as required by the DM.
- Act as support to the DM in manage the commercial aspects of the project, including invoicing & chasing payment.
- Implement & support Constructive technology solutions internally & within Customer businesses.
- Manage the information process to ensure we are complying with business process / procedure and delivering in accordance with customer requirements.
- Continually strive to improve communication, processes, systems & tools across the business in conjunction with the management & broader teams.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning.
- Excellent understanding of Technology & in particular the Constructive systems & tools.
- Communicates accurately, concisely and in a timely manner, demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Works hard at adapting communication to suit different audiences.
- Communicates views & concerns openly, honestly & will constructively challenge others, handling disagreements & conflict effectively.
- Provides straightforward & accurate information about the most difficult & complex issues or policies.
- Builds relationships both within Constructive and externally.
- Prepared to take initiative, a self-starter who always rises to the challenge.
- Always looking for the next challenge.
- Has a positive attitude to change & remains resilient & positive even when under considerable pressure.
- Must be a ‘finisher’ with great attention to detail & can effectively cope with setbacks.
- Prepared to make personal sacrifice to ensure a goal is achieved.
- Strives to fulfil own potential & continues to self-develop.
- Actively seeks opportunities for learning, & advancing professional qualifications.
- Willingness to develop & work in a team; encourages & adopts team goals; understands & appreciates others roles; learns from others.
- Has logical & organised approach in managing self & other stakeholders.
- Able to identify issues & opportunities & put in place pro-active plans to manage them.
- Highly competent in the application of IT skills.
- Understands the key measures by which his/ her performance will be measured.
- Works to ensure Client service is an integrated part of their work.
- Proactively drives through changes that bring about improvements.
- Actively works to improve the public perception of Constructive.
- Can quickly gain a good understanding of Clients business and is responsive to Client needs.
- Establish regular contact with Clients. Keep them informed of progress, to ensure continued satisfaction.
- Is able to develop innovative solutions that directly contribute to Constructive & the Client both in the short & medium term.
- Challenges traditional views & looks for improvement through adopting a new approach.